Monday, November 19, 2012

it's in the air!

The holiday season is finally in the air! Well, it's been here for about three months in the retail world, but in the Rebecca world, it has just arrived.

With Christmas around the corner, and pinterest in my life, I've taken the liberty to making my very first ornament! I pinned a couple of ornaments from Anthropologie several weeks ago, and as they were $12 a pop, I thought it'd be a better idea to make them myself. I'm not quite sure it's that much cheaper to make it myself, but it's fun and personally, I think mine is prettier. :) It's super easy to make (given Michaels has all the supplies you need). The top left is the one from Anthrpologie, and here's another one from this season : Pearl Bauble Orb. The bottom left is my ornament with the vivid filter, and the left is my ornament with the soft filter. :)
All you need are:

  • packs of pearl beads (I got an assorted pack with three colors and three different sizes.
  • pearl head pins (they were about $3.99 for 100pcs)
  • Styrofoam balls
  • ribbon
  • wire (you need to poke the wire through the foam ball so you will have something to tie the ribbon to.)
The pearl head pins are pretty expensive, and you go through them pretty quickly (it took 300 pins for one ornament!) So for the rest of my ornaments, I'm just going to use hot glue gun. I've already started another ornament with this technique, and it's working beautifully. I'll post pictures once I'm finished. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment