Friday, April 4, 2014

Respecting His Kingdom (Home)

House chores have never been my forte.
I love living in a clean living space, and I love staying organized. But growing up, that wasn't really expected of me. Everything for the most part, was done for me. I'll never forget when I was around 10 years old, I went over to one of my friend's house for dinner. After dinner, I got up and thanked my friend's mother for dinner. She stopped me, and told me that in her house, everyone puts their plates and silverware in the sink. I was so mortified! It was never my intentions to be rude, but I just didn't know any better.

Fast forward give or take 10 years, and I started dating Michael. Having him as my first substantial boyfriend.. who had his own living space was a wake up call. I had an internal freak out moment. Who's going to clean the dishes? Do the laundry? Vacuum the house? Clean the toilets? me.

So from very early on in our relationship, I started to take on a lot of house roles. Just so I could learn how to do them. And if I didn't end up marrying Michael, it'd be good to know with whoever I ended up marrying.

With all that being said, I wish I could say I'm a clean master. But I'm not. And God knew this all along, because he has given me the most patient and understanding man ever. But this doesn't mean I am to take advantage of his patience, and see how far I can go. I need to make it a priority to continue to help around with the chores. And in doing that, I am respecting not only his wishes of having a tidy home, but also respecting the house that he bought for us.

With that, I leave you with a darling song I just came across...

Happy Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment