Monday, October 22, 2012

restore. revitalize. repurpose

It's been two years, one month, and seven days since my last post. I have to admit, I've been doing anything but a stellar job with this blog. So, here's to the ability to "turning the page" and "beginning a new chapter" in my life book. I have come back with intentions of restoring this blog... revitalizing it... with a completely new purpose (I'm not sure I ever started this blog with an actual purpose, so perhaps "new purpose" is a bit of an overstatement). Regardless, I bring you mi vida 2.0. 

 What can you expect?


  • "No Spend Month" updates. I am an avid Pinner, and one of the many brilliant pins I came across consisted of me limiting my monthly expenses to a mere $200. *gasp* I began last month, and failed. This month, I am failing twice as much, but twice as gracefully. :) I'm hoping by publicly declaring my irresponsible spendings, (mostly on food) I will feel embarrassed enough to stick with my budget. I doubt blogging will really hold me accountable, but here's to being optimistic and self-controlled.
  • Quiet-Time Insights. For someone that has grown up in the church and grown up around a family and friends that love, serve, live for the Lord, I do a feebly meebly job keeping up with my quiet times on a consistent basis. I am constantly in fellowship with Him, and I love everything about spending time with Him, but I definitely lack the self control to set aside a specific place and time to have a date with my Savior. The very least I can do is plan and go on a date with Him. Perhaps one day, I'll get to the point where I can be an event planner for Him. Again, I'm hoping by publicly journal-ing my thoughts and findings from one of our dates from the week, it will help me not only to stay on track with meeting Him, but will also allow me to gain an additional insight or two as I reflect upon my QT.
    • Shall I take the liberty to calling these "Quiet-Time Thursdays"?
  • Food Experiments. I love food. I love eating it, smelling it, looking at it, dreaming about it. I always have and always will. Trying out new recipes has become a more relevant hobby now that on top of All Recipes there are websites like, Pinterest and FoodGawker to tease me. And ever since I got my new iPhone & realized they all have apps, I have become a food lover on a dangerously different level. All of them haven't been successes. I haven't always followed the recipes exactly (whether it be by choice or not). It'd be my greatest pleasure to be able to share these experiences with you.
    • Alas, "Foodday Sunday" is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment